Alzheimer's & Dementia Care
We Are Certified Dementia Care Practicioners
At Right Choice, we understand the various home stages of dementia and the specific care each stage requires. We also understand the weight that dementia and alzheimer’s care can have on the family and the home in general. Our goal is to allow the family help to keep time spent on their loved one instead of caring for them in the home.
We staff caregivers that are educated and patient in Alzheimer’s care. We pair our caregivers based on the unique needs and circumstances of the client. Alzheimer’s can cause our clients to present a range of behaviors, from uninterested, to combative, from forgetful to lively. Our dementia caregivers are trained to serve and encourage both the client and the family.
We provide memory care for our dementia clients to help with their cognitive impairment. We encourage them to maintain their own self care practices like oral hygiene, eating and taking their meds. Because every situation is different, we provide custom care plans for the unique care needs of your loved one.
Right Choice Home Care -Dementia & Alzheimer's Services
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Light housekeeping including laundry
- Grocery shopping and errands
- 24 Hour and/or live in
- Assisting with walking and transferring from bed to wheelchair
- Medication reminders
- Transportation to appointments, supermarket, pharmacy
- Respite or relief for family
- Personal care, including bathing and dressing
- Status reporting to family
Contact Our Care Office
Alzheimer’s Disease and Medicare
If the person with Alzheimer’s or dementia is a Medicare beneficiary, Medicare will pay for some, but not all, care costs.
Medicare is a federal health insurance program generally for people age 65 or older who are receiving Social Security retirement benefits or who are younger than 65 and received Social Security disability benefits for at least 24 months. Regardless of whether receiving retirement and/or disability benefits or not, everyone should apply for Medicare three months prior to his or her 65th birthday to avoid future penalties.
- Medicare covers inpatient hospital care and some of the doctors’ fees and other medical items for people with Alzheimer’s or dementia who are age 65 or older. Medicare Part D also covers many prescription drugs.
- Medicare will pay for up to 100 days of skilled nursing home care under limited circumstances. However, custodial long-term nursing home care is not covered.
- Medicare will pay for hospice care delivered in the home, a nursing facility or an inpatient hospice facility for people with dementia who are determined by a doctor to be near the end of life.
See Medicare’s website for more information, including:
- Steps for determining Medicare eligibility and signing up
- Current information about Medicare in the Medicare & You handbook
- Medicare costs
About Right Choice Home Care
Why Choose In-Home Alzheimer’s Care?
If you have a loved one in the Chicago area that has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, you may be concerned about how to manage the care they receive while balancing your own work and community responsibilities. People often think that moving a loved one to an assisted care community facility is the only option, despite that likely being the least desirable option for your loved one as many seniors prefer the familiarity of their own home to age in.
Right Choice Home Care in Chicago is one company here to help! We offer quality Alzheimer’s home care services to help your loved one’s age gracefully in the comfort and safety of their own family homes. We work with families to create a personalized care plan to make sure the needs of their loved ones are always being met with mobility.
Right Choice Home Care is a Certified Dementia Practicioner Care Agency. We know what we know! Our team of educated professionals have years of experience providing exceptional care and therapy in the home, clinical settings and even during travel. We are 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week including weekends and holidays. Our BBB accredited home care agency specializes in dementia care & supplemental hospice care. Click to learn more about Right Choice Home Care.