End of Life Care
We Help Your Loved one be comfortable during their end stage care
At Right Choice, we understand the challenge on many levels that the end of life and hospice care season brings. Our approach is to offset the burden of the family during this tough phase. For the family and loved ones, we want you to be able to spend as much time with them as we lighten your load of caring for their physical needs.
For many clients during this time, they are confined to the bed. Our staff is trained to keep them as comfortable and hygenic as possible. Our caregivers are relational and patient with a focus for serving the family. We pair our caregivers based on the unique needs and circumstances of the client.
Right Choice Home Care Provides the Following Hospice Care Services
We engage with palliative and hospice companies to work together as part of a care team to provide the best end of life care plan for your loved one.
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Light housekeeping including laundry
- Grocery shopping and errands
- 24 Hour and/or live in
- Assisting with walking and transferring patients from bed to wheelchair
- Medication reminders
- Transportation of patients to appointments, supermarket, pharmacy
- Respite or relief for family
- Personal care, including bathing and dressing
- Status reporting to family
Contact Our Office
Hospice care focuses on quality of life, making the end-of-life into an important time of living. The hospice care team’s mission is to help a person’s final days be a time of peace, comfort, and celebration.
At Right Choice Home Care, we take a specialized, compassionate approach to caring for those with a life-limiting illness. The team’s focus is caring for the whole person, assisting with pain and symptom management and providing emotional and spiritual support for all patients. The goal is to alleviate suffering and provide comfort care to the client and their loved ones during a time when it’s needed the most.
When is the right time to choose hospice care?
Hospice care is a model for quality, compassionate care. If a person’s condition is progressing despite aggressive treatments, and an individual and their loved ones want to be able to focus on being comfortable and enjoying life, it may be time to consider hospice care. Studies have shown those who choose hospice care can have a greater quality of life and live longer and more fully with less pain.
Hospice care is conveniently provided in the home by a dedicated and highly skilled interdisciplinary team of professionals who work closely with clients’ physicians and other members of their medical team to provide the highest level of care possible.
At Right Choice for Hospice, our interdisciplinary care team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide the care and support you and your loved one’s needs.
- Customized care plans for patients
- Care coordination by a hospice physician
- Pain and hospice symptom management
- Social work and counseling services
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Emotional and spiritual support for patients and their loved ones
- Education and community resources
- Home care services that stays close to your family
- Respite care
- Bereavement planning and assistance
The Hospice Care Team at Right Choice is an interdisciplinary, medically directed team of care providers who collaborate to provide medical, psychological and spiritual support. Information is readily available at all times of need.
Right Choice Home Care offers grief and bereavement support that includes guidance, education, and resources. We understand losing a loved one can be a painful experience and provide the ongoing individual and/or group support you need when your loved one is no longer with us.
We often recommend joining a bereavement support group which is a safe place to grieve and feel comforted by others who have also experienced a loss or trial.
Support group topics for patients may include:
- Understanding grief and loss
- Recognizing and expressing feelings
- Sharing memories
- Grieving as a family
- Managing depression and trials
- Coping during the holidays/special occasions
- Honoring your loved one
- Caring for yourself
- Stress and trial management for patients
About Right Choice Home Care
Right Choice Home Care is a Certified Dementia Practicioner Care Agency. Our team of educated professionals have years of experience providing exceptional care in the home, clinical settings and even during travel. We are 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week including weekends and holidays. Our BBB accredited home care agency specializes in dementia care & supplemental hospice care. Click to learn more about Right Choice Home Care.
Palliative care is a multidisciplinary approach to specialized medical care for people living with a serious illness that is intended to relieve pain as well as physical and mental stress and improve a person’s quality of life. Right Choice’s Palliative Care Program is patient- and family-centered with the goal of optimizing the quality of life.
Differences Between Palliative Care and Hospice Care
Hospice care and palliative care can be very similar but differ in the treatment, services, location, timing, and payment coverage.
Inpatient Treatment & Care
- Treatments are not limited with palliative care and can range from conservative to aggressive/curative.
- Information about Hospice care treatments are limited and focus on relief from symptoms. The goal is no longer to cure but to provide comfort and the best quality of life possible.
- Palliative care services are focused on relief from pain and other symptoms while still supporting patients and their families socially, spiritually and psychologically. Typically, palliative care involves supporting clients in managing their home health care needs, including coordinating health care services, answering questions about their condition, managing medication and diet as well as helping to make health care decisions.
- Hospice care includes many of the same benefits of palliative care. However, because a client receiving hospice has a diagnosis with a life expectancy of six months or less, patients and their families may receive additional resources for care and support.
- Palliative care can be provided in a skilled nursing setting, hospital, research and extended care facility and in the home.
- Hospice care is delivered anywhere the individual lives, including at home or a long-term care facility such as a nursing home or assisted living community.
- Palliative care can commence at any time. Curative treatments and information associated are also available.
- Hospice care is available when an individual has a life expectancy of six months or less.