We Are Certified Respite Care Practitioners
Rest and Relief Is Here for you Home
Caring for a parent, sibling, spouse, or other loved one is no easy task. We all know this. You’ve made caring sacrifices to serve as a caregiver for someone you care about and you deserve some downtime to recharge your batteries. Our Chicago caregivers provide that relief, allowing you to go out for coffee with a friend, watch a movie with your spouse, or even take a well-deserved nap. All the while, you can be confident that your loved one is in the best of hands, allowing your mind, memory, body, and soul that small, necessary vacation—even if it is only a few hours per week.
Interested in attending our dementia support group? Click here to learn more and sign up.
Right Choice Home Care Respite Care Services
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Light housekeeping, including laundry
- Grocery shopping and errands
- 24 Hour and/or live in
- Assisting with walking and transferring from bed to wheelchair
- Medication reminders
- Transportation to appointments, supermarket, pharmacy
- Respite or relief for the assisted family
- Personal care, including bathing and dressing
- Status reporting of respite services to family
Contact Our Care Office
What exactly is Respite Care?
Respite care is specifically designed to address these concerns: caregivers can find responsible, helpful, short-term assistance that is readily available and ready to work with them, step into their shoes, and temporarily assume caregiver responsibilities so you can take a much-needed break. While there are numerous types of respite care available, the most common types of in-home respite care are as follows:
In-Home Care Respite Services
- For obvious reasons, in-home respite care is the most popular type of respite care. This allows the respite care provider to learn the patient’s natural environment and routine, allowing them to provide the highest level of service and care. A volunteer or a family member can provide in-home respite care, but the most comprehensive and effective respite care is usually provided by a caregiver from a professional home care agency. These home care workers have been properly trained and have experience providing the type of care your loved one requires. Respite care services can range in duration from a few hours to overnight and can be arranged directly through Right Choice Home Care. This popular respite care option allows the patient to remain in their own home, giving them a sense of safety, security, and comfort.
- In the best-case scenario, the caregiver will have plenty of time to plan ahead and will be able to adequately prepare for interim caregiving. However, this is not always the case; emergencies happen to caregivers as well. This is why Right Choice Home Care of Chicago, specializes in providing emergency short-term respite caregivers.
Services for Adult Day Care
- Every now and then, you may require the afternoon off. Perhaps you have a doctor’s appointment, a business meeting, or a soccer game to attend. Temporary adult day care may be the answer for those times when substitute care is required. Adult day care is a type of temporary in-home care provided by Right Choice Home Care, that can help bridge the gap for many families. Providing a safe and nurturing environment for the patient during the day, so that the caregiver can go to work, a meeting, or a school function and feel confident that their loved one is being cared for in a safe, comfortable, and familiar environment.
About Right Choice Home Care – Caring for your Loved Ones
When Will I Recognize the Need for Respite Care?
Caregiving is a demanding job that no one is prepared to do alone. Respite care offers short-term breaks that can relieve stress, restore energy, and promote life balance. If you are tired, stressed, or anxious, it may be time to think about respite care.
You can choose the most appropriate respite care model for your personal circumstances based on your needs and the needs of your patient. Having a dependable, responsible respite care provider nearby can add an extra layer of security and protection for you and your loved one. Regular respite from caregiving duties has been shown to have numerous physical and emotional benefits for the caregiver as well. It allows you to rest and recharge your personal batteries while relieving you of the daily worry and stress of providing care. Anyone who is providing long-term care to a loved one should look into respite care as a supplemental care option.
Whatever your needs or circumstances are, Right Choice Home Care in Greater Chicago will be able to accommodate them and provide you with respite care that is tailored to your specific requirements.
Interested in learning more about how we can assist you in finding the rest and relaxation you require?
Call us at (866) 799-5955 right now!
Read Reviews From Live Families We’ve Had the Pleasure to Serve
Serving Chicago – Cook, Will & Dupage Counties of Illinois
- Home Care Park Forest, IL
- In Home Care Tinley Park, IL
- In Home Caregiver Crete, IL
- In Home Caregiver Homewood, IL
- In Home Caregiver Olympia Fields, IL
- In Home Caregiver Orland Park, IL
- Private Home Care Lansing, IL
- Senior Care Agency Harvey, IL
- Senior Care Agency Richton Park, IL